Advisor, Talent Search
- A.A, Liberal Arts – Holy Cross College
- B.A., Sociology – University of Notre Dame
- M.A., Education (in progress; nine hours remaining) – Indiana University at South Bend
Counselor, Educator, Community Specialist, & Advisor
I have 14 years of experience working with students and families in an academic and community setting. Being a former guidance counselor (grades K-4th), teacher (grades 5-12), and varsity high school football coach for the South Bend Community School Corporation; I became skilled at helping students set and achieve academic goals, increasing students’ tolerance of frustration when they felt overwhelmed and inadequate academically, and focusing on past successes to promote a positive outlook. As a Title I Family and Community Specialist, I facilitated a number of after-school programs for adolescents and teenagers with the Boys and Girls Club of St. Joseph County to assist in developing strategies to improve the educational and social achievements of our students. I also furthered my counseling experience by serving as a mentor for 21st Century Scholars.
Areas of Responsibility
- Jackson Intermediate Center (Grades: 7 – 8)
- LaSalle Intermediate Center (Grades: 7 – 8)
- Marshall Intermediate Center (Grades: 7 – 8)
- Riley High School (Grades: 9 – 12 )
- Organization and supervision of cultural and educational trips
- YMCA Urban Youth Services Board – Member
- Healthy Babies Initiative – Member
- Mount Carmel Baptist Church – Member
Spending time with my beautiful wife and three children, supporting the academic, personal, and social endeavors of my family, attending sporting events, coaching, and mentoring youth.