The ND TRiO Mission
Since the 1960’s, Notre Dame’s TRiO Programs have been essential to helping thousands of local students lay the foundation for a lifetime of achievement. Through tutoring, mentoring, academic counseling, career exploration, cultural enrichment and community service, today’s students continue to reach higher, dream bigger and expect more of themselves as a result of their experiences with TRiO.
With TRiO doing their part, the student scholars are expected to do theirs, as outlined in the core values statement:
The University of Notre Dame inspires me to REACH HIGHER, DREAM BIGGER and EXPECT MORE of myself as a result of my experiences with TRiO's college access and preparatory programs.
As a TRiO scholar, I value:
- Going beyond what is required in order to achieve my goals.
- Demonstrating the energy and commitment to continuosly improve.
- Serving as someone who others look to as a leader for inspiration and encouragement.
Commitment to excellence
- Striving to meet the highest standards of performance and quality in all that I do.
- Pursuing personal development as well as academic achievement with passion and enthusiasm.
- Exemplifying a strong work ethic and an outstanding attention to details.
- Taking responsibility for my decisions, actions and their results.
- Delivering on promises I make to myself and others.
- Exercising good judgment in the ways I conduct and present myself.
New Experiences, Challenges and Opportunities
- Aspiring to transform every challenge I face into a learning opportunity.
- Embracing diversity by treating others with respect and promoting fairness towards all.
- Communicating openly and honestly with others to promote cooperation and collaboration.