Community & Program Liaison
- A.A. Business Administration - Robert Morris University Illinois
- B.A. (in progress) - Holy Cross College
For the past decade, I have worked with underserved youth in Chicago as an academic advisor via Chicago Public Schools, Austin YMCA, and the Home of Life Community Development Corporation - Upward Bound. Prior to becoming the community and program liaison for ND TRiO, I served as a program coordinator for AmeriCorps. In this role, I assisted with logistics and the administration of services for the Westville Educational Initiative at the Westville Correctional Facility.
Additionally, in the midst of assisting underrepresented populations with access to educational resources, I began to utilize my passion for real estate to not only revitalize Chicago communities, but to provide families with opportunities to take an active investment within their community. As a result, I began to research ways to improve the state of communities aesthetically, socially, and financially by becoming a licensed real estate broker (Illinois).
Areas of Responsibility
- Talent Search - Academic Achievers
- Xavier Intermediate Center - 6th - 8th
- Washington High School - 9th -12th
- Robert Morris University Illinois Men's Basketball CCAC Conference Champions (2004-2005)
Studying African history; basketball (playing and coaching); all things real estate